We present our innovative product, which will be useful at any car service station, and for those who want to work with electrified vehicles, it is a must-have – the MS800 battery tester for hybrid and electric vehicles from MSG Equipment!
So in the video, we showed how to work with the tester on the example of a nickel-metal hydride battery from the 2012 Toyota Prius and a lithium-ion battery from the Hyundai Tucson Hybrid.
And you can see:
– how the tester works;
– with what types of batteries;
– how to diagnose batteries correctly;
– and much more.
We offer free technical support and a two-year warranty with our equipments.
And, of course, we have a training course on MS800. There, we explain in detail the features of the batteries, their differences, safety precautions when working with them, and many other details. You can register here:
Finally, we would like to highlight the features of our tester.
So the MS800:
– Diagnoses high-voltage battery modules to determine their capacity.
– Charges series-connected battery cells that have become unbalanced over time.
– Prepares batteries for installation in the vehicle by balancing the voltage of all modules.
– Prepares the modules for storage by charging them to a certain level.
– The tester has 36 independent channels for testing (balancing) Ni-Mh or Li-Ion modules;
– Automatic mode of operation;
– Protection of battery modules from: overcharging/overdischarging; overheating; incorrect connection (reverse polarity).
– Saving of diagnostic results and convenience in viewing and analyzing diagnostic results.
0:00 Intro. About the tester
2:22 Tester menu and settings
6:33 Technical nuances of cooling
7:35 Start of testing of Ni-MH battery from Toyota Prius
8:21 Connecting the battery to the tester
10:11 Starting the first step – discharging
11:30 About learning cours to work with the tester
11:43 The discharge process
12:18 The second step is charging
14:35 The third process is discharge
15:23 Start of testing of Li-ion battery from Hyundai Tucson
15:52 Connecting the battery to the tester
16:28 Is additional cooling recommended?
16:38 Settings for this battery type
16:52 Start of charging
17:49 How to balance the battery
18:48 Download data to external media
19:14 Readings of the program in the computer. Test results
20:39 Important! What you need to do before installing the battery in your car